Building Maintenance Technician - Tauranga
Building Maintenance Technician Vacancy- Tauranga
Access Partners in Property is one of the best construction services and facilities solutions provider in New Zealand. We maximise the value of our clients’ property by leveraging expertise in construction, project management, waterproofing, building and property maintenance and facilities management.
Access owns Gunac and with branches in Bay of Plenty and Waikato, offers complete facilities and property management solutions.
We are proud to have technical experts and dedicated teams that we recognise as the foundation of our success.
- Minimum 5 years trade background – carpentry, plumbing, landscaping, painting and plastering, cladding etc
- Experience measuring and quoting on jobs
- Computer savvy - Ability to use trade-based phone app and ERP system
- Health & Safety focused
- Customer focused
- Able to multi-task, prioritise, work to deadlines and work unsupervised
- Ability to take direction and work efficiently
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with the team
- Honest and reliable in attendance - requires early morning starts.
- Site Safe, First Aid, EWP and Working at Heights training will be highly regarded.
The Career Opportunity
Reporting to the Operations Manager, your duties will include:
- Perform maintenance tasks – plumbing, repairing buildings, doors, windows, timber framing, and grounds maintenance etc.
- Framing work, gib replacement, minor plaster work, minor skim work. Gib work to level 4 will be an advantage
- Interior & exterior paintwork
- Decking and cladding
- Landscaping, water blasting and general yard waste removal
- Steelwork (welding, gate & balustrade repairs)
- Automatic door closers
- Installation of doors, skirtings, scotia’s as well as vinyl and carpet flooring
- Carry out site inspections to identify and resolve issues as required.
- Quote on minor project works and coordinate staff & subcontractors where necessary
- Assist with the Facilities team water blasting when required
- Attend to after-hours calls and emergencies where required
- Report on the progress of jobs
What’s In It For you?
We offer competitive pay rates and our Company benefits and initiatives include subsidised medical insurance, company uniform, bimonthly Company Breakfast Award, birthday holiday and active social club. We provide ongoing training and development in-house and externally and opportunities for career progression.
If you are confident about your skills and the value you will add to a highly successful organisation, we want to hear from you. APPLY NOW!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.