Creation Date: 25/08/2016
Last Review Date: 01/12/2022
Next Review Date: 01/12/2023
Access NZ 2005 Ltd is in the business of creating, protecting, and improving the value of property for private and public-sector landlords. Activities at Access NZ 2005 Ltd include but are not limited to Project Management and Construction, Facilities Management and Services, Building and Property Maintenance, Industrial Abseiling, Waterproofing and Metal Roofing. This policy is relevant to all the activities conducted by Access NZ 2005 Ltd and their contractors.
Access NZ 2005 Ltd has set environmental objectives to maintain and continually improve the environmental management system in accordance with this policy. Monitoring and evaluation of these objectives will be conducted bi-annually as part of the organisations commitment to continual improvement of the environmental management system to enhance environmental performance.
Access NZ 2005 Ltd is committed to:
- protect the environment.
- prevent pollution.
- comply with other environmental requirements relevant to the context of the organisation.
- fulfil compliance obligations.
- continual improvement of the environmental management system to enhance environmental performance
- understand and minimize any adverse environmental impacts of our business and to integrate the principles of environmental sustainability throughout our operations without compromising on the quality and service expectation of our customers.
- effective consultation and engagement with workers on environmental matters.
To achieve this, we will:
- Offer our services in a manner that complies with environmental legislation and regulations.
- Identify opportunities and implement procedures to reduce the use of energy, water, and other resources.
- Monitor and audit the performance of operations to reduce the generation of solid, liquid, and gaseous waste and prevent pollution.
- Promote environmental awareness and responsibility among our employees, customers, contractors, and suppliers.
- Maintain open relations on environmental matters with our employees, contractors, relevant authorities, neighbouring community organisations and other interested parties.
- Continually improve our environmental management system in accordance with ISO 14001.
We recognise that there are times that we share a primary duty of care with other duty holders in regard to environmental protection, therefore we are committed to consult, cooperate, and coordinate activities with other duty holders to produce the required environmental outcomes.
This policy will be communicated to all workers and contractors during induction and will be displayed on the company notice boards. This policy will be made available on the company website to ensure availability to all other interested parties.
This policy will be reviewed annually to ensure it is relevant and appropriate to the business.
The policy will be updated as part of the organisations commitment to continual improvement.
In conjunction with this policy, a series of procedures on specific environmental matters will be prepared, consulted on, and issued.