Handyman / General Technician - Hamilton
Handyman - Hamilton
As a Handyman, you will be reporting to our Branch Manager. Your duties will include;
• Perform maintenance tasks – plumbing, electrical, make repairs to buildings, doors, windows, framing, and grounds etc.
• Perform facilities tasks when required – building washing, window cleaning etc
• Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues as required.
• Quote on minor project works and coordinate staff & subcontractors where necessary
• Ensure cost-effective operations through proper care and maintenance of equipment, tools, materials, and supplies.
• Attend to after-hours calls and emergencies where required
• Report on the progress of tasks
• Minimum 3 years trade background – carpentry, water blasting, landscaping, general handyman tasks
• Experience/qualification in industrial abseiling will be highly regarded
• Health & Safety focused
• Customer focused
• Able to multi-task, prioritise, work to deadlines and work unsupervised
• Ability to use trade based phone app
• Ability to take direction and work efficiently
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with the team
• Honest and reliable in attendance - requires early morning starts.
• Previous experience and the ability to measure and quote on smaller works will be highly regarded.
• Site Safe, First Aid, EWP and Working at Heights training will be highly regarded.
Why join us?
We offer a competitive pay and supportive Leadership team. You will enjoy a future-focused culture with a diverse team of experienced people who will help you do a great job.
Our Company benefits and initiatives include medical insurance, training, uniform, bimonthly Company Breakfast Award, birthday holiday and social club.
If you are confident about your skills and the value you will add to a highly successful organisation, we want to hear from you.