Health and Safety Officer
Health and Safety Officer - Auckland
In this role, you will be reporting to our Health and Safety Manager.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Timely and accurate completion of site audits and other H&S reports
- In consultation with the H&S manager, immediately address any non-compliance or breach of H&S policy, procedure or direction.
- Assist the H&S Manager in planning and implementing risk management program including tracking corrective action compliance and developing critical risks programs.
- Assist in developing H&S programs/initiatives targeted to reduce risk.
- Assist in the effective implementation of H&S management system to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Assist the H&S Manager in the design and delivery of H&S related training, toolbox and induction programs.
- Promote a positive safety culture
- Minimum 3 years health and safety experience in the New Zealand Health and Safety environment preferably within the construction or property service industry (preferably multi-site level)
- Strong experience in site audit, risk assessment and complex incident investigation
- Strong knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and other industry relevant regulations
- Ability to problem solve is a must
- Approachable and with a positive can-do attitude
- Ability to engage with and foster collaborative relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Sound computer skills – Excel, Microsoft Office, H&S Information System
- Strong communication and training facilitation skills
- Site Safe, First Aid, EWP and Working at Heights training will be highly regarded.
If this sounds like you, apply now